
So, it has finally happened. Maryn got her first major boo-boo. She was at school and according to the blood soaked clothes they handed me I was kinda thankful I missed the initial chaos. Does that make me a bad mommy? So, oddly enough Maryn had a clipboard dive into her face. There are two versions of this story. The school told me that it fell off of a counter and right onto Maryn's perfect little nose. Maryn's version is that Ms. Carolina threw it at her for no reason at all! Okay, her version is not so alarming, but she did say that it fell from Ms. Carolina's hand. She was very specific about this. So, the clipboard fell right on her nose and she ended up with a pretty decent gash that required 3 stitches and we are just going to do everything we can to prevent her from having a scar. Daddy ended up taking her to the Children's Hospital at Scottish Rite and after hearing about all the shots to the face, the desperately sad child, and the needle going at my daughter's head, the poor baby being wrapped from head to toe in a sheet to prevent her from moving, I was again thankful that I missed that. Again, does that make me a bad mommy? I was really prepared to take her, but Daddy does much better being in the action than on the sidelines waiting, so we switched and I believe it is probably best because I do think he handles those things much better than I do. Thank you, Daddy, for your calm nerves during crisis! Now we just have to work on your desperate need to go and pummel the teachers that are throwing clipboards at our daughter!!

On to the cats! Yes, we finally have a pet and it was not as easy as that let me just tell you. What it actually turned out to be was a lesson in sitting back and letting someone else make a call here and there. I had it all figured out. I researched, I typed, I analyzed, and I scrutinized. I made the perfect choice and the deal was done. We were the proud owners of two psychotic cats purchased straight from Craigs List. As the cats were hiding, climbing and peeing on stuff it became clear that the fit was in fact a little imperfect. After 1 1/2 days we decided to wave the white flag and send them home. Since the female had already become Maryn's very best friend, she was understandably upset.

So Rex spent the afternoon preparing for the big swaparoo. He went to the pound and found the ugliest cat I have ever seen and put him in our bathroom as we waited, anxiously waited, for the crazies to go home. Finally, our new cat made it out and has been a wonderful part of our family ever since. He, Sammy, is not nearly as ugly as my first impression. He is adorable, sweet, loves the kids, and has been sleeping in our bed from day one!
1 comment:
I love her side of the story. This is the first of many boo boo's she'll get trust me.
Post a Comment