Sunday, April 08, 2007

Birthday H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks PLUS Easter

First, before I begin lamenting birthday cake, let me say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARYN!!!!
Hard to believe you're 4! (All Photos)

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!!!
(All Photos)

Okay... on with the belly aching...

We had the kids' joint birthday party last weekend, between Dylan's actual birthday on March 28th and Maryn's on April 7th. On their actual birthdays, we typically do a small cake at home and a present, so each one has their own, special day. We did this for Dylan, including taking cupcakes to his daycare class at lunch. So, it was now Maryn's turn.

We decided to do her birthday on Friday, April 6th instead of Saturday, April 7th, so that we could do the cupcakes for her class, but also because Papa's 80th birthday party was on the 7th. Plus, Easter is on Sunday. So we just wanted her to have her own birthday DAY, and to separate things out.

I can tell you that as of this moment (5:36 PM on Easter Sunday) I could care less if I ever see another birthday cake. And our poor kids... I would like to say that they feel this way, too. But Maryn was proud to answer the doctor on their annual physical just 4 days ago when she asked what Maryn's favorite food was with "Cake!" Rachel and I just looked over at the Doctor like, "Duh, we're great parents!"

Cupcakes at lunch on Dylan's birthday, another slice that night; cake on their birthday party last Saturday; cupcakes at lunch on Maryn's birthday day on Friday, FOLLOWED by a bunch of Easter candy that same day that their day care teachers gave them, followed again that evening by another slice (as I write this I'm thinking, "How stupid/ abusive/ irresponsible/ fill-in-the-blank am I?"); then another slice of cake at Papa's birthday party yesterday, plus some Easter candy from their party at day care on Friday; and finally, Easter basket candy today. I want to puke, and I've only nibbled on a little here and there.

Some of our pictures accentuate the horror, even if its really just poor timing on the part of the picture taker...













No comments: