I tried to find a place to put our belongings that would escape the overwhelming mist in the air provided by a constant rotation of dirty lake people. There were few options! I got us all set up and turned on the water. I took a deep breathe and ventured into the "I-don't-even-want-to-think-about-what-is-in-here-room". My daughter and I stood there as the water attacked us like a swarm of angry bees. We did our best to get as clean as we could without standing directly in the stream of the stinging. I turned off the attack and tried to dry off in the room dripping with moisture to no avail. I gathered up all of our shower stuffs and promptly threw everything that had made contact with the shower or floor directly into the trash. I pulled on my damp clothes and tried not to have a panic attack! We got back to camp where I promptly sprayed my entire body with bug spray wondering what the heck was the point of the last 15 minutes.
It was then that I noticed the absence of my husband and ultimately the big empty space in our tent where our luggage once sat. I strolled over to the next camp where I was informed that my husband had to go home to get his contacts (I should mention here that Rex lost his glasses in the lake that afternoon)! I do not need to mention because I am sure we will all remember what exactly Rex needed with the suitcase while he headed home to find his contacts. I'm pretty sure I don't need to mention how he decided to take a nice, wonderful, kooty-free shower while at home and didn't even bother to take our poor dirty son with him. Mentioning this would be completely unnecessary and may even sound a little bitter?!
So looking past the "shower thing", and the fact that my car had a dead battery the next morning, and listening to Becky's car alarm go off throughout the night every half hour or so, and the fact that Wes and Jenna bailed on us both nights, oh my goodness we sound just like a bunch of hillbillies.....I actually did have a good time and plan on going again in the very distant future!!!
1 comment:
In my defense (which I feel I'll eternally be in) it only made sense if someone had to run me to the house to find my contacts that I should go ahead and crab a shower. I was not planning on going to the house when I told you to go take a shower because I thought I had already brought my contacts, so I was planning on going to the shower from hell, too.
Thanks for being a trooper, babe!
Post a Comment