Saturday, August 19, 2006

Am I Missing Something?

Today on my way to the dreaded dentist I heard Alan Jackson's new song "Red On A Rose". Now I like Country music but this was one of those ridiculous songs that stretches way too far for meaning. One particular lyric states, "I love you like all children love pennies". Is this a phenomenon that has somehow eluded me? I mean, I don't particularly care for pennies, but we all know the hearts of children are pure. I begin to wonder about the possibilites.

"Mommy, I don't want to go to bed!".....Here my penny-loving angel, off you go.

"Mommy, I went pee/poop!"....Oh how wonderful, here is a penny my sweet daughter.

Dylan shared a toy.....a pocket full of pennies!

What a sweet hug Dylan....penny, penny, penny!

I mean, the economic benefit alone is astounding because we all know that that penny will hit the floor and be forgotten in a matter of minutes, and that is pushing it! The recycle factor is limitless. One single penny could last you through high school at least. Maybe I should write Alan Jackson just to clarify the bounds of the penny love. Just so I don't over do it! ;)

No comments: