Saturday, October 28, 2006

Autumn Fun!

We had a great time last weekend. We went, along with Papa Bear and our friends Jeff, Amy and their son, Connor, to Cagle's Dairy Farm. There we went on a hay ride and got to roast marshmellows and play around. It was a lot of fun.

Maryn and Dylan adore Connor, and its fun to watch them together. We keep making jokes that Maryn and Connor are going to grow up and get married. We'll see, I guess.

The kids just had a blast. Its fun now that Maryn and Dylan are older to go out and do things together as a family. And its truly surprising how much I enjoy watching them experience something new.

The simple things astonish them, the amazing things seem to be no big deal. It makes you realize just how much we adults have lost the wonderment of a roasted marshmellow, or soft green grass, or the moon in the sky. As adults, we become harder to impress. But for kids, things are simple. It doesn't take a lot to "wow" them, and that's so fun.

It's great taking photos of them during these times, too. Sometimes I wonder if we're more concerned with capturing the moment than we are of being "in" the moment and enjoying it. I hope we're actually somewhere in the middle.

I hope in time we slow things down a little more, enjoy life more, and just spend more time building memories that our kids will carry with them forever.

Thanks, God, for the blessing of children, family, and friends.

Oh yeah, and roasted marshmellows and cool, colorful autumn evenings.

For more images, CLICK HERE!
 

No comments: