Well, Thanksgiving is upon us and I am sitting here pondering all the things that make me a thankful parent. When I really stop and think about ALL of the things that make me thankful and bring me joy, the abundance is so overwhelming I wonder why I am not daily floating around on my cloud of bliss. Maybe I need to spend more time contemplating all the things that make me thankful instead of taking them for granted. It is a darn good thing New Year's is coming!
This year we made our Thanksgiving countdown turkey which Maryn is way more into than she was last year! We have the countdown rings for each day. All the rings turn into feathers that they place on the turkey each morning. And on each feather is written one thing they are thankful for. Some of the things Maryn was thankful for this year, okay I shouldn't really say this year since toddlers really have only a concept of what 2 minutes feels like, so let's just change that to the things Maryn was happy for 5 days ago at the precise moment we made our list. And they were; Jesus, Connor, Jessica & Zoe, costumes, Mommy & Daddy, Papa Bear & Grandmama, Granny & Aunt Kim, Coloring, & Charlie Brown. Some of the things Dylan was thankful for were coloring, Charlie Brown, cinnamon rolls, Connor, Jesus, Daddy (I didn't make his list this year), Papa Bear & Grandmama, Granny, and Time Out. That's right folks! Dylan obviously sees the need for discipline in his life! What a blessing that is!! So on to some of the things that Mommy is thankful for this year:
1. I am thankful for my amazingly wonderful family!
2. I am thankful for Dylan's enthusiasm. I am also thankful that when Dylan now displays this enthusiasm while sitting in my lap that I don't get cracked in the head nearly as much as last year.
3. I am thankful for all of the kisses. Especially Maryn's very long and wet ones. It seems she is practicing for her upcoming debut as Juliet and her kisses have become very focused and intentional, with enough slobber to water a very thirsty plant.
4. I am thankful that Dylan does not hug me with limp noodle arms. He really squeezes and I totally love that!
5. I am thankful for hot dogs, chicken nuggets, microwavable Macaroni & Cheese, yogurt, and cheese sticks without which my children would starve to death.
6. I am thankful for children's medicine that guarantees drowsiness.
7. I am thankful for how much fun we have when we go out as a family. The panic attacks brought on by a clear understanding that someone was going to pitch a fit at the worst possible moment, or throw up with no warning, or have a potty accident when we left everything at home, or clearly be way past due for a nap, or the millions of other things that could possibly happen on any given day are mostly gone now.
8. I am thankful for how much my children love their school and teachers.
9. I am so thankful for the wonderful conversations that I can now have with my children.
10. I am thankful that my kids still want so much of my time and attention. Really! Most of the time I am really thankful for this!
11. I am thankful for the time I get to snuggle them in between bath and pj's when they are all damp and yummy smelling. I seem to enjoy this much more when it wasn't my night to do bath!
12. I am thankful that in Maryn's world, a hug will solve just about anything.
13. I am thankful that Dylan still has his chunky little block feet that I love so much!
14. I am the most thankful that my kids know without a doubt how very much I love them.
15. I am thankful for the peace of mind I have knowing they are God's children.
And there you have it! Happy Thanksgiving! I pray that everyone feels as blessed as I do!
1 comment:
Thank you for reminding me of all that there is to be thankful for.We will miss you ,Rex and the kids this thanksgiving. We love you.
Love Jenna&Wes
Post a Comment