Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Is It Over Yet?

Good Lord! This holiday season has sucked the life out of me! I mean, seriously, I feel like I have been celebrating for months. Maybe, in my current mood, this is not the best time to highlight our Christmas experience this year....but oh well! Before you start screaming ba-hum-hooey at me, I assure you I will include at least one glowing memory of our day! :)

You know the anticipation you feel when you have all these wonderful plans ahead of you? The hugging, the catching up, the watching your kids mingle with distant family kind of moments, the food, the gifts, the laughter. Well, all of that fell into a flaming pile of crap when I couldn't so much as get out of bed on Saturday and Dylan's poor little body couldn't manage to keep a fever down. Dylan (pneumonia and double ear infection) and I (general yuckiness) both spent the entire holiday weekend feeling like poop. Thankfully, Rex and Maryn are feeling good and we are keeping in our prayers that they continue to feel well for us to go out of town on Thursday to Grannies, or what I will call "Christmas: Take Ten"!

My poor Rex has been so wonderful and done absolutely everything by himself as I lounge around pouting and making small, brief attempts to act like I care. He has had to take on the role of jolly Christmas person whether he wanted to or not. We did manage to pile the kids in the car to make one more trip to look at lights before going to bed. Rex, in his way, trying so hard to make a very non-magical Christmas magical spotted a very distant helicopter. He said to Maryn and Dylan...."Hey, do you think that might be Rudolph?" A thundering "WHERE?!" came out of Maryn. And Rex said, "There, right there....See his nose?" Maryn got quite for a moment, looking out the window at the magical beam of the helicopter and said "No Daddy! Noses don't fly! They stay on our selves!!!" Credit to you honey for trying!

All in all, it has been Christmas! And there have been some very wonderful moments. The kids loved all their presents and have generally loved how things just are different this time of year. Thank you to all of our family for their prayers and understanding when we had to miss seeing you. Here's to a Happy, Healthy New Year for all of us!

No comments: