Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Love You Everywhere!

We were on our way home from the mall the other day. In the back seat I catch the most endearing conversation...

We had just finished talking about how special it is to have a brother and a sister and how they have been given a gift to have each other and how they should always stand up for one another, protect and support each other. I leave it at that, trying to avoid my tendency to drill this into their heads. I then hear Maryn say, "Dylan, I love you everywhere. I love you at the mall, I love you at school, I love you at home, I love you in the kitchen, I love you everywhere". I look back to see that they are holding hands and Dylan has this warm smile on his face. So sweet!

He then instantly decided that he was in need of some privacy and every word Maryn uttered from that point forward was followed by Dylan's very familiar grunt and the word "pimamy". But Maryn was too far into her love mode to back out now. "Mom, I just love him....that's all", "Mommy, he won't hold my hand", "Mommy, he is my little brother....he has to hold my hand", "I never need privacy".

No comments: