Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Double Surgery and Lots of Prayer!

Tomorrow is the big day. Maryn and Dylan will be at the hospital at 6AM and Mommy and Daddy will be trying not to stress out! Dylan is getting a set of replacement tubes in his ears and Maryn is having her first set put in and her adenoids removed. You would think that since we were just going through this last year with Dylan that I might be a little calmer.....I am not. The whole anesthesia thing just terrifies me. I hate it when I have to be "put under", and I hate it 100 times more when it is my kids.

Last year I thank God that Rex was there because I did not feel like I could watch Dylan be "put under" so Daddy went. Now with both of them going for a procedure I feel like it would not be fair to Rex for him to go with both, but I am still terrified. I am just going to have to be strong and continue to remind myself that faith replaces fear. Have faith!!! My strong, wonderful, healthy children will be just fine! And I, well I will pray fervently to be much less neurotic.

On a lighter note, the kids just got back from their first weekend trip with daddy and had so much fun! I am so proud of Rex for taking on the 6 hour drive to Granny's house, the full care of the kids for an entire weekend, a 6 hour drive back home without once sounding like he was about to explode!!! Everything went so well, and calm. The kids swam and were geniunely great for Daddy and I am just so happy! Maybe I am just so happy from the blissful, and at times extremely boring, hours upon hours with myself.....but I think more of my happiness is that I could tell such a difference in them when they came home. I could see that there had been a connection, some memories, that I missed out on......and sometimes that is really okay, great even!

Update (7/12/07): Everyone is home and doing very well. The kids were amazing! They did not complain about being hungry, they were patient, they were just awesome. I feel extremely undeserving of them! Both procedures went great and within hours they were bouncing around the house as if nothing had happened and were well enough to go to school this morning. We ended up giving the kids the choice of who they wanted to go back with them, and in normal fashion: Dylan chose Daddy and Maryn chose Mommy. Girls gotta stick together is the current theme in Maryn's world. So, I am happy to say that I went, I was strong, and I held in all my tears and fears. I was so proud of my kids and a little proud of myself in knowing I can, in fact, handle the hard stuff! God Bless.....thanks for all the prayers!

No comments: