Do you ever get the feeling while looking around that you totally miss moments that haven't even really passed yet? Would this be the epitomy of not living in the moment...maybe? Sometimes I watch my kids, not just in an every day distracted way, but REALLY just watch them and take in their faces, expressions, and mannerisms...and an ache just comes over me and I know how much I am going to miss this part of them. I wonder if in the future I will still be able to feel this time in my soul. Not just see it in the pages of an album, but really feel it as if I am sitting right there...hearing the sounds, and smelling the sweet skin of little kids, or the stinky feet after wearing sandels all day on the playground. You might just think I could smell my own feet and get the same vibe, but it's not really the same....and you know it!! :)
The other day I was looking at last year's Easter pics on our fridge and even though it was less than a year ago, I look at those cute little faces and realize it is just going so fast. Cliche, I know! It's those pictures. They so adequately capture the expressions of who they are right now that I just want to stop everything. Just wait.....Hold the phone....Nobody move!!! And then, I look around and realize we are still here.....in this very moment.
Love is just an inadequate description of how full my heart feels at this very time!
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment