Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Some of My Favorite Moments.....Lately!

I say "lately" because it seems like there have been so many great moments, that I can only imagine and pray that we will continue on this path of seeing the good, no, the great things about our lives.

Some things that have kept my heart afloat this week have been:
  1. Watching Maryn develop such a giving heart. She easily wants to give things away to her friends at school. Now we just have to work on the sharing with her brother!
  2. Passing the door to their bedroom last night, I heard Dylan start coughing. Maryn, not knowing I was there, said "Dylan, are you okay?"
  3. Maryn saying to Dylan in the car: "I love you so much Dylan! I love you when you are bad, I love you when you are crying so loud it hurts my ears. I love you all the time. No matter what."
  4. Listening to Maryn say her first prayer: "God, I love Dylan so much. He really loves to swim in the pool and that is great. Amen" She then said: "Dylan I prayed for you because I love you so much".
  5. Hearing Dylan still say: "You are my buddy", "Always", "Forever and ever".
  6. Both kids climbing in bed with us on Saturday mornings chattering away. Dylan playing with a toy and Maryn going on and on about how she is thinking of changing her block castles. She wants to change the tops, which currently include some fancy dress up items. She spends some time contemplating that while we snuggle. And Dylan spends his time making wonderful boy noises with his dinosaur.
  7. Dylan falling asleep in our arms before bed. His days have been so long and full of adventure that he just conks out before we make it to bed, or as soon as his head hits the pillow.....just like Daddy!

No comments: