Saturday, August 02, 2008

Dylan's Dream: In His Words.....

Windows to the soul! What do you think is on his mind?


My precious little boy!

He woke up this morning and said he had a dream about Jesus. To the best of my recollection here is what he said. You will see that "but, guess what" has become a favorite phrase of his and is scattered throughout all of his stories.

I had a dream about Jesus....but, guess what....I was in the pool and I was a baby....but, guess what....Jesus came down and gave me fives (he demonstrated this by showing that Jesus used the tops of his hands to give fives because of the boo boos from the cross)....but, guess what....everyone....the whole world was in the pool and Jesus came down.

1 comment:

Rex White said...

I actually wanted to comment here (I being "Dad") because I was there and heard this story, too. In fact, I was so surprised by this dream because Dylan came to our bed around 8:30 am and told me he had a dream about Jesus. He told me the story and then we got up. Mom was asleep when he told me the story. When we came downstairs, I told Dylan to tell Mom about his dream. He then went on to explain the dream, just as he had explained to me.

I think this is really such a precious dream, but not just because he had a dream about Jesus. But, I must confess, we haven't been to church in several months at this point. Sleeping in on Sunday morning has become a problem for us, and we're hoping to nip it in the bud tomorrow. But Dylan hasn't had any Sunday class lessons to spur this dream - he hasn't had any deep conversations at home about Jesus (I'm ashamed to admit.) There was no reason for this dream other than the dream itself.

This has to be probably the most beautiful thing I've ever heard my son say.