Thursday, January 07, 2010

250 Words or Less!

There are some things I have failed to post here in the last couple months. Ironically, these events were some of my favorites, but the truth is I have just gotten out of the habit. Facebook sucks me in. There is a comfort in 250 words or less. I was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed to tell stories here. I don't handle obligation well. I began to think if I didn't have anything funny to say then I would just neglect my blog until I could think of something. What I had to remind myself is that this blog is not about me and what I have to say at all. This blog was created to chronicle the lives of my kids, not showcase short stories. And therefore, I have removed my self-induced burden in a matter of 2 minutes. What a relief!!!

So this post will include two things. A random mix of Facebook comments that I don't want to forget and some of my favorite moments that closed out our year. Okay, one more thing, a promise. A promise to continue blogging for the sake of remembering all the wonderful blessings that come wrapped up in my precious children. These days are fleeting! Blinking is a risk!


Dylan's First Soccer Season!









Maryn and Dylan got to participate in their Aunt Kim's wedding!















Fall leaves are probably my favorite pictures of the year!














Some Christmas pics. I realized after I was halfway through uploading these that they would appear backwards. I thought about changing them and then decided against it because it really is okay. I am running full-speed away from perfection! Watch out!































And, finally some Facebook moments to wrap it all up:

Maryn says: "It's always Christmas inside a snowflake!"


Item on Maryn's Christmas list: "The toy that can do whatever you want it to do!"


My daughter is trying to prove to me that she can do three things at once: she has a cat toy between her toes playing with the cat, a book in her left hand and trying to write her spelling words with her right. So ambitious!!!


Thinks it is beyond embarrassing when the car pool lady opens my door seconds after my son has totally beefed! If you are said car pool lady just know this - IT WAS NOT ME!!!!! :)


Children laugh an average of three hundred or more times a day, adults laugh an average of five times a day! Wow!!! Come on a-DULL-ts.....let's bridge that gap!!!


Wishing my kids would stop singing: "We got scurvy!"


Maryn was listening to her brother practice his homework and she smiled and looked at me and said: "He's a cute little boy!" She's so right!!! And she is just precious! I am one lucky momma!


Doing homework with my 5-year-old son makes me want to bang my head into a brick wall......is that so wrong?!!!


If you knew how much I HATED glitter....you would know just how much this tooth fairy LOVES her kids!!!!


During bath tonight Maryn did exactly as I asked. I rewarded her and told her what a big deal it is that I can trust her to do what I ask her to do. She said: "Well, today you can...I don't really know about tomorrow yet".


As Maryn prayed over our dinner this evening she said: "Thank you God for giving mommy two kids...I don't know what she would have done without us".


Man, reading Dylan his Star Wars book is like reading a foreign language!! Dreadful!

1 comment:

Kam said...

I totally enjoyed this post! Happy New Year! Hope it's staring off with a bang!