"What exactly do you mean by 'pretty' girls?" I asked her.
"You know, the MOST beautiful!"
I asked her if there was such a thing as an ugly girl. "NO!" she proclaimed as if I had asked the most absurd question.
"What about boys?" I asked.
"They are handsome."
I asked her if there was such a thing as an ugly boy. "NO!" she proclaimed again.
"Why?" I asked. "Why is there no such thing as an ugly boy or girl?"
"Because God made us all" she replied.
What a blessing to be able to see the world the way God sees us. Beautiful, hand-made in His image, perfect. What a beautiful blessing to still be able to see the world as God wants us to see it. Unblemished by the lies of sin.
I pray for protection over the hearts of my children. I am so thankful for all the people in their lives that are helping them grow to live a life for Christ. That when the master of deception tries to convince them that they are not beautiful and seeks to destroy their confidence that they will know beyond doubt the voice of Satan.
I pray for my own heart that God will remove from me the instinct to place people in a category based how the world sees them and see people the way God intended us to.
No comments:
Post a Comment