Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Oh, For Heaven's Sake!

Ever feel like a perpetual bring-you-downer? I have a wonderful friend and neighbor who lately I walk away from thinking, did I just spend the last 20 minutes complaining AGAIN?! Sadly, yes. It is amazing to have friends and husbands that you can confide in, I feel blessed to have them. But is it really fair? It makes me want to rush back and humor them with a little slapstick. That is until I realize that I don't even know the first knock-knock joke. But since I did journey all the way back I might as well tell you about the weird rash under my arm.

Maryn and Dylan are wonderful because they can quickly escape to the sunny side of the street with no need for explanation. They just simply know that at times there are more fun places to be than in my presence. I know they are not judging me (there will be plenty of time for that later!). This weekend at the beach was all sunny and it is those moments that leave you longing for more.

I am reading a book that brought something very important to my mind. It said that as parents we should not look at our jobs as something we have to do, but something we get to do.

I am truly blessed to have my wonderful children. To be able to watch Maryn play with little broken pieces of seashells for hours, to watch Dylan running from the waves laughing, and to watch how they can make a hotel room seem like the coolest place they have ever been. I am equally blessed to be there to teach them about their emotions and how to treat each other with kindness, why sticking your finger up your nose or talking with your mouth full are bad manners. Why screaming at the top of your lungs isn't a valid form of communication. I am also blessed for my husband and my friends who stick around through the grey clouds because being together on the sunny side is worth it.

View Photos of our Trip to Tybee Island!

[From Daddy: I can't remember the last time I had such a good time with Maryn and Dylan. I wish we could have stayed longer. I'm so proud of how good my kids were, and blessed to have had that time together as a family. Love you guys!]

No comments: