Sunday, September 24, 2006

Well, SOMEONE Had to Teach Them How to Spit!

Yesterday we had a very nice day!

We started out by going to the soft-play park inside Northpoint Mall. The kids really had a great time. It was fun to see how much more Dylan was able to do since the last time we went several months ago. Last time he could barely get over the little bridge they have there. This time he was pretty much climbing on everything. And they were both doing so well getting along with others (for the most part.)

After that we let the kids ride on the carousel. Again, it was so cool to see Dylan sitting up there by himself and, just like Maryn, not really wanting Mommy or Daddy to hang on to him. Afterwards we had lunch and then everyone took a nap.

Later we went to Papa and Nanny's house, where Papa Bear and Grandmama were also there. That's when it happened: In true Georgia-style, Papa Bear showed my kids how to spit!

Step 1:
Here, he demonstrated how to chug a big gulp from their water bottle.





Step 2:
Now he shows them the proper way to bend forward, pooch out the lips and expel the water.





Now Dylan tries:









And now Maryn:









Way to go Papa Bear!

2 comments:

TrackMan06 said...

Great pics rex...I have a question. I am running a few blogs at the same time. How dificult is it to make a header like you have for your blog? Is there a program you could recommend? Thanks and have a great week. Jeff

Rex White said...

Hey, Jeff... sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. I use Adobe Photoshop to copy the original header image, then cut out my kids pictures and impose it onto the original header graphic and add text. Then I upload the finish image to my web server and then edit the TEMPLATE code to call that image for the header instead of the original image.

Advantages of being a web guy, I guess.