There are moments of the day when Maryn is not to be reckoned with. Generally this is within minutes of her waking up. She will quite frankly tell you that she needs her privacy. Eye contact is not permitted. Touching is completely shunned unless she initiates it. She has perfected her sleepy sad face and the amount of time she can carry it seems endless. She was in one of these moods on our way home from taking Granny to the airport. She had fallen asleep on the way there, so the fact that she missed the event alltogether probably contributed to her mood. We decided to stop and get some food on the way home which is when she woke up. Dad went in as we all waited in the car. Dylan and I both are being respectful of Maryn's need for privacy and chatting with each other while Maryn just peers out the window. I am watching her take note of a family entering the restaurant, a mom and dad and four children. She watches each one enter and then says, "that was nice". I asked her what was so nice. She had seen the dad holding the door for his family while they piled in the restaurant and she said, "that was nice that he held the door open for all of them". I agreed with her how nice that was and she said, "I'm going to try to do that". I told her what a great goal I thought that was and silently hoped that this opportunity may arise after she has been awake for at least 15 minutes, else she be the grumpy door person bringing a little grey cloud to everyone's day. "How nice to see you" she might say, followed by "move along....I need my privacy".
One of my favorite moments lately with Maryn is watching her get ready in my bathroom. Usually while I am getting ready, she will stand on the potty and "get ready" beside me. I love this because I can so clearly see a mix of Rex and I through her eyes. She first starts off with her contacts. A little dabble of saline and she plops them right in. Next comes the deodorant which she gently applies to her cheeks and forearms as Daddy and I clearly do every morning. Next comes Dad's hair gel. A little dab of that to the neck and legs, some eyeshadow applied with a Q-tip and my girl is as good as ready!
While I am blabbering on about how cute and adorable my children are, I just have to share some funny Dylan moments. There are so many as he is my child that makes it impossible to stay mad. He makes me crack up all the time and I just can't wait to see what our futures hold with him. He has this wonderful knack for imitation. When he is watching a movie he can hit cues right on the mark and it amazes me. Their new favorite movie is "The Emporer's New Groove". He loves the opening song, as he loves all music. He chimes in on the funniest parts and to hear him say, "Boom Baby" cracks us up and has quickly become the house anthem! Better still, is to watch him say "No touchy, noooooo touchy"!
Rex and I love to watch the show Rock Star: Supernova. Sometimes the kids will catch a bit of it before bedtime which I am thinking is not the best idea. Not because it's vulgar, but becuase it sends them both to the floor to mosh 10 minutes before lights out. They love music and dancing and I equally love watching them which makes it so hard to tell them to stop. Dylan totally gets into the moves and Maryn just loves to spin. I see her inventing Rock Ballet! She asked me the other day why Tommy Lee did not have on a shirt. I responded,probably too quickly, "because he is a Rock Star". I am quite sure this response in time will come back to haunt me!
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment