Saturday, February 23, 2008

True Love's Kiss....

The kids and I went to see the movie "Enchanted" tonight and I highly recommend it. Very cute movie with quite enough action for little boys too. On the way home, Maryn told me that Dylan (not her brother she kept reassuring me) was her True Love's Kiss. Dylan is one of her friends at school that she has already mentioned on occasion that she will marry. I asked her why she thought Dylan was her True Love's Kiss and she said because he had a nice toy room and a pretty house. Fair enough. She said she is going to tell him when she gets to school. Dylan chimes in that he really does not want to talk about this right now.

He then changes his mind and decides he wants to marry mommy!

Maryn was flabbergasted by this and said, "You can't marry mommy... her True Love's Kiss is daddy! Rex Leamon White the 3rd!"

She goes on to tell me that she is going to be a farmer and that she hopes Dylan likes this idea. She asks me what cows eat. I tell her grass. She likes this because she knows she does not have to supply the grass so that seems easy enough. Then she remembers that horses eat hay, and this seems doable. She gets very excited when she remembers that Dylan (not her brother she reminds me again) likes pigs! She asks me if I will drive her and Dylan to find her house with the pigs. I agree to this and she says she will tell me when she sees the best one. Then she decides it will be Granny's house.....not the new one she says but the old one. She is very pleased with this and we begin to discuss chickens and their basic needs. She is worried that she will not be able to tell the right time to take the eggs before they become baby chickens and asks if I will live there and help (like I know anything about chickens!!) and of course I agree. Dylan then decides that he will marry Emely (a schoolmate and neighbor) and is very happy with this decision and Maryn invites them to live in her house of pigs with the rest of us.

And we all lived happily ever after!!!

No comments: