Friday, June 27, 2008

Ducky...Wucky...F............OH NO!!!!


So I shared some of Dylan's potty mouth and thought I should not leave Maryn out. We were in line at the grocery store (why do these things always happen in line at a grocery store) and she said: "Mommy, I have a rhyme! Ducky, wucky, f****!" I told her that she could not say that. She asked which one and I told her the last one. Her response was: "But, mom, I didn't call anyone a f****, it just rhymes!" I told her that yes it did in fact rhyme, but it was not a word I wanted her to say, it was a potty word. She accepted and was quiet. On the way home, apparently mulling over the episode in her mind, I hear her whisper to Dylan. "Dylan, you can't say 'ficky' it is a bad word". I told her ficky is not a bad word and she begins to try to remember what it was that she was not supposed to say so she could tell Dylan not to say it. I hear her ramble: "Dicky, wicky, ficky"! Now I have a whole new problem! She says very exasperated: "Mom just tell me what the word was"! I decline and say that I just do not want to say it. Silence follows for another 5 minutes. "Mom, just tell me"! I decline again. "Mom"!

"FUCKY MARYN.....YOU CANNOT SAY FUCKY......OKAY"!

"Okay"

In other news:
Rex has taught the kids the term "if it's yellow, let it mellow". I know we are in a water crisis and all that, but seriously....every toilet in my house is mellow and it is driving me crazy!!! There is not a single time I go to the restroom that I am not encountered by a bowl full of pee. I say to the kids flush, flush, flush! In unison they say: "yellow mellow"! GREAT!!!! The worst problem is that this has apparently opened up a one way street to unsanitary land. Somehow they think if one step can be skipped so can they all. So the scene at my house, not only am I being attacked by toilet bowls filled with pee and soppy tissue (gross...i know), I am chasing kids who seem to think they also don't have to wash their hands.

No comments: