Friday, June 27, 2008

A Little OCD???


Or maybe a little more like Mommy than I knew. Dylan out of nowhere on many occasions will get up to shut a door that is not completely latched, or turn off a light that should not be on. He likes things to be in their place, this apparently does not apply to the many toys scattered on the toy room floor!

Yesterday, Maryn took the blanket from her bed and used it for a picnic blanket outside. I told her if she did so that it would be dirty and need to be cleaned before it could be returned to her bed and she agreed. In hindsight maybe I should not let her take such blankets outside, but I tend to sway towards not really caring about such trivial things. I may be teaching her to not differentiate between "nice things" and "thing that can go outside things", but I guess only time will tell.

It was time for bed and I grabbed one of Dylan's old bed blankets to put over Maryn since hers was dirty. Dylan, as usual, was passed out when we carried them to bed so he was not aware of what I had done.

I woke up this morning to blood curdling screaming. The kind of screaming you would make if you woke up and realized your arm fell off or you were covered in snakes. I think one of the kids must have had a really bad dream so I make my way to there room. Dylan was not in his bed. I think maybe he went downstairs and got scared because no one was there. No, the sound was much closer than that. I follow the sound and find Dylan in the closet, standing on one of those plastic 3-drawer containers that hold their dress-up clothes. Screaming and screaming and screaming! It really brought back memories quickly from his baby days. Once I got past the excruciating noise, my mind cleared and I realized what he was doing. My little Dylan had woken up and realized HIS blanket was on Maryn's bed. He had grabbed the blanket and climbed up on the wobbly, 3-drawer unit to put his blanket right back where it was supposed to be. He then apparently realized the problem with this plan: he could not reach and the unit was about to throw him right to the floor.

A totally unrelated rant from mommy:
I absolutely HATE faux pockets and drawers. I mean really, does appearance really outweigh functionality? This only comes to mind because I am wearing a pair of pants with a faux pocket and every time I see it I just get ticked off. I mean, someone literally takes the time to cut the hole there, make a nice fancy stitch and can't be bothered to take the next couple steps and actually make it a pocket I could use!? Seriously! And nothing can be more irritating than when you move to a new place and you have a basket full of stuff that is going to go in a particular bathroom drawer. You are there in the moment, getting ready to organize it all, you reach for the drawer.............and.............ARGHH.............just a useless piece of wood!!!! WHY!?

No comments: