So we had a very in-depth conversation of the concept of peeing in nature. Dylan, for obvious reasons, ADORES this idea. I have caught him on one occasion taking a leak in the woods behind our house after watching the older boy next door do it. I was sharing this story with Papa Bear, Grandmama and Rex and it became clear to me that it is right of passage among the male generations. I heard several stories about Rex's dad walking right past a bathroom door to take a leak off the back of his porch(he had a lot of property). In today's neighborhoods with less than 1/2 acre lots, to the relief of our neighbor's, this is not really possible. So this is not something I often think about. Papa Bear shared his own stories of taking a leak in various areas on his property. Dylan overheard all of this and his gears started turning. As I said, he has on occasion taken a leak outside. But generally this was by necessity not by choice. This changes things completely!!!! So some time later Dylan walks out on the porch to visit with Papa Bear. He proclaims: "I have to pee!" Papa Bear says: "Well, go right ahead!" Dylan stepped off his stool and took a leak right in the middle of the porch!!!! Clearly, there are a few rules to be learned. When I walked out and saw the puddle on the ground I thought nothing of it, thinking it was just some leftover from splashing around in the hot tub. Grandmama walked out later and jokingly said: "Dylan did you pee?" He smiled from ear to ear and said: "YEP!" Dad and I were speechless on the swing thinking it was all a joke. It was not and Dylan proceeded to clean up his mess and learn a few of the rules of nature peeing!!! Here are some pics below:
Fun in the hot tub:
Conversation with Papa Bear:
Puzzles with Grandmama:
Fun from the porch:
SMORES!!!!
Good Morning!
Hiking with Dad:
No comments:
Post a Comment