Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Circus was Awesome!!!!

So I have not been to the circus in ages! This was the first time with my kids and I was so excited and anxious to see all the magic through their little eyes! I was curious about what would entertain them the most. It seems some people either love or hate clowns. I don't really have an opinion either way. I can take them or leave them. Neither of my children have a loathing for clowns, but Dylan is clearly a slapstick kid and got the most enjoyment out of their antics. Maryn was enamored by the acts and the swirling girls and the men that were "wearing lady clothes" on the trapeze extravaganza!

It fascinated me to see what got their attention. In one particular moment, a fairly limber lady has her leg wrapped around her neck 4 times and is licking her elbow (a bit of an exaggeration...but whatever!!), I look at Maryn and her eyes are wide and mouth slightly opened and I hear her say: "Mom, look at her shadow on the floor!!!" I am like....shadow....what....check out the lady!!!

Dylan felt like the highlight of our experience at the circus would be the lions. He waited with anticipation for them to come trying to fight off boredom of the less spectacular events. When they finally arrived on stage he watched in awe for about 30 seconds and leaned back in his seat and claimed his need to go home. I said: "Dylan, are you watching...how cool is this??!!" He looked up long enough to see the lions all standing on their hind legs. He leaned back and let out this slow exasperated breath of boredom. He was like, "Big whoop, they can stand"!

There was one thing throughout the circus that I could not, even though I tried and tried, stop thinking about. Through the slew of animals paraded on stage, not one of them pooped. I am wondering how this is even possible. I am talking dogs, goats, horses, lions, and elephants! I am starting to get worried and begin to think I may not even want to know how they accomplish this. I wonder if I should search PETA and then think better of it. I wonder if they are somehow plugged up to spare the viewing audience the horror and stench of various animal terds! I am telling my brain just to focus. Focus on the beauty of what is before you, but the nagging in my brain keeps making me think of the calamity of a plugged elephant and about 3o gallons of rotten peanuts....I mean we are having a peanut thing here in Georgia after all. The lions come out and I have still seen no poop! I really am not obsessed. I watch the lion trainer and now on top of my nagging need for poop, I begin to wonder if I will have to be the witness of the unfortunate decapitation of said lion trainer. It is hard to watch.

Finally the elephants come out to sum up the circus for us. They do several nice maneuvers and stand to bow. They begin to exit, while tiny elephant does a very cute little skip that I could not take my eyes off of. When I finally do, I take in the scene of the empty stage and guess what I see.........POOP!!! Big, putrid mounds of elephant poop! I actually felt much better and could make my way home with an eased mind and thoroughly enjoy singing along with my little ones to Kidz Bop 15!

No comments: