Saturday, February 07, 2009

My loser status was confirmed today!!

This morning I have been called out! It started when we woke up. Maryn really wanted to make daddy breakfast in bed this weekend. This is normally a birthday tradition. Each person in the house gets the breakfast of their choosing in bed on their birthday. Well at least we do this for the kids. Last year the kids and I got up and made pancakes in Rex's favorite color, and red milk! It didn't actually make it to his bed, but we had fun nonetheless. Maryn really wanted to do this again and I told her maybe we would this weekend. Now, let me preface by saying I am NOT and early riser on the weekends!!!

Maryn came to the side of our bed around 9:30. Rex and I were already awake and just hanging out, loving not having to jump out of bed to go anywhere. Maryn whispered in my ear about breakfast in bed for daddy and I told her it was too late and we would TRY to do it the next day. Rex by now is making feel like a total loser....but only because he wanted to stay in bed!!! :) Maryn got really upset and started to whine and cry...so I told her to go to her room....but only because I wanted to stay in bed!!!! While Maryn was in bed, she got out her etch-a-sketch and drew a picture of mommy in bed being mad at her. Rex proceeded to make me feel like a big loser. I got up and made breakfast!!!

The morning continued with Maryn coming downstairs and finding her baby book and continuing to point out to Dylan that she just didn't see his. Now, don't get me wrong, he does HAVE a baby book I just never made it past the first couple pages and it has very few pictures. He kept watching Maryn look through her picture book with this look of second-born neglect that I am sure will follow him through the years. We have plenty of pictures of Dylan, they have just never made it into a book. Rex and I vowed to go through our CD's and make a book just for him! Will this ease the wounds of neglect? I can only hope!







No comments: