It was such a beautiful day today, I decided to take the kids to the park near Dylans's pre-K after I picked him up. I love situations like this because you get the chance to watch your children interact with others and also to see how other demon children act!!! I am just kidding....a little!
Maryn was climbing on the train and 2 boys came over to her area. They began with the basics of finding out how old they all were. Twice, Maryn asked kids, "How many are you?" She got the same response both times ("you mean how OLD"), this really did not phase her. Turns out these particular boys happened to be 6. At the realization that Maryn was merely 5, one of the boys turned to her and told her that they do not talk to 5 year olds. Only 6 and up, he claimed. Maryn turned to look at me over her shoulder and just shrugged. Undaunted by the statement, she turned to the one that was clearly a little on the kinder side and began to talk about a Spongebob moment that she thought was funny! The boy started to laugh and they began playing together. The demon boy, not willing to give in to his commitment stood there silently. I loved this! I was so proud of her.
Later she heard a bunch of bigger kids who had come into her play area saying words like stupid, and calling other kids dirty diaper pants. She looked at me, shrugged again and said: "God will take care of them, I'm just not going to worry about it!"
I was on a mommy high on the way home! I ran through Chick-fil-A to get them an ice cream because I am cool like that!!! We see a woman in a wheel chair making her way down the sidewalk. I watch Dylan in the mirror watching her. She was using her feet to move her forward and was not making very good time. Dylan is watching her every move. I am waiting to see what he will say: "mom, look at that crazy lady", "mom, she is weird", "mom, what is wrong with that weirdo". He opens his mouth and I am ready to pounce with something from my moral lesson arsenal and what he says stops my heart. He looks at me and says, "Mom, you need to stop right now so I can help that lady" and I realized that the look in his eyes that I was reading as disgust or at the very least basic child curiosity, was in fact concern.
What a blessing my kids are to me and the world!!! God has wonderful things in store for these two!
1 comment:
See I raised them right!! LOL you are a great mother and they are bright, loving, caring, beautifully rounded children who will be outstanding adults one day! You have every right to be proud. Tell them their Aunt Jenna loves them!
Post a Comment