Monday, March 30, 2009

I Saw God!


The other day we went to the movies for Dylan's birthday. When we were walking up to purchase our tickets there was a man out front with two boys that were goofing around with each other. The man turned to them and screamed at one of the boys, saying "if you don't stop swinging around that jacket I am going to bust you up!" To me this was an extreme and ugly display. As an adult, I did not want to make eye contact with this man. I know I have bad days where I look less angelic than I want to and I try to chalk up public displays like this one as such. I mean really, who acts like this in public on purpose?! The last thing you want, at least the last thing I would want, is to be stared down like a glaring spotlight of your imperfection.

I looked down at Dylan who had made eye contact with this man and I watched my little boy raise a hand to say hi and give him a little smile. I looked over at the man just as he looked away. When I looked back to Dylan I saw that he was really watching this man. It was not that kind of look that you teach your children is an invasion of privacy, not even a curious look. It is hard to explain, but it was almost as if in his mind he was hugging that man. What a blessing!

No comments: