For the first time we have allowed Maryn to go shopping with us for Dylan's birthday present. It has yet to be decided if this was a wise decision or not. She understands that this is supposed to be a secret and I believe she is capable of keeping the secret itself. What concerns me is that we have gift-wrapped with a big pretty bow on top and handed to her the ability to hold said secret over her brother's head! Oooooo....she is gonna love this! We told her that if she were allowed to go with us she could not even let on that she knew what he was getting. Is this too much pressure for an almost 6-year-old. I guess I will soon find out!
She was totally cracking me up at Wal-Mart! I have such a pet peeve for bathrooms without courtesy music. I mean, I really don't want to hear what everyone in there is doing. It is the most uncomfortable silence I can think of. We didn't have to worry about that today, because anyone in ear shot of Maryn in the bathroom was treated to a rather loud version of "Love Story"! Better than hearing people pee is all I have to say!
When we were finished making our rounds we went to pick Dylan up from school. As soon as he gets in the car, I look in the backseat to see Maryn holding her breath and eyes as big as the moon! She is in big trouble if she thinks she can hold her breath until Saturday. I know from experience that her mouth never stops moving for more than maybe a milisecond!
We get home and Maryn rushes to the front door to wait for Dylan, she has this goofy look on her face that Dylan clearly did not understand. He asked me, "what's wrong with her?" This will be interesting. She summoned me to a private meeting in the bathroom and tell me how hard she is trying to not say anything. I told her to lay off the goofy looks and she just laughed and said, "this is gonna be preeeeeety hard!"
She was totally cracking me up at Wal-Mart! I have such a pet peeve for bathrooms without courtesy music. I mean, I really don't want to hear what everyone in there is doing. It is the most uncomfortable silence I can think of. We didn't have to worry about that today, because anyone in ear shot of Maryn in the bathroom was treated to a rather loud version of "Love Story"! Better than hearing people pee is all I have to say!
When we were finished making our rounds we went to pick Dylan up from school. As soon as he gets in the car, I look in the backseat to see Maryn holding her breath and eyes as big as the moon! She is in big trouble if she thinks she can hold her breath until Saturday. I know from experience that her mouth never stops moving for more than maybe a milisecond!
We get home and Maryn rushes to the front door to wait for Dylan, she has this goofy look on her face that Dylan clearly did not understand. He asked me, "what's wrong with her?" This will be interesting. She summoned me to a private meeting in the bathroom and tell me how hard she is trying to not say anything. I told her to lay off the goofy looks and she just laughed and said, "this is gonna be preeeeeety hard!"
1 comment:
How funny is that? She is crackin' me up!
Yep, Blurb is back for Blogger! Soooo relieved! I don't mind at all for you to preview it but I think I have to have it finished before I can share it...I'll check on that. It's just the same as our blog though...but I'm tweaking the text and moving some photos around b/c they imported too small. That's all. It's really the same. But I'm stoked!
Post a Comment