Saturday, July 15, 2006

Maryn's First Night Without Her Paci... Marathon Puking!

On Friday Maryn took her gift bag, with all the thousands of stickers she applied to it, filled with all her paci's to give to the babies at her school. She was so great when we went in. She dug right into the bag and wanted to literally give the paci's to the babies. She HAD to see them in the babies mouths. I explained to her that they would only need them at nap time, in which she replied to me, "I'll wait". Of course you will. So, with some coaxing the hand off of paci's was complete and we moved on to the rest of our day, she to class and me to work.

Because of her being such a big girl, I agreed to take her to McD's to get chicken nuggets directly after our doctor's appointment for Dylan's hiney rash. As the end of the day was approaching I was getting really anxious about what I was in store for. I had convinced myself that I may not get the best nights sleep. I was somewhat hopeful because she naps at school with no paci and has since she started.

Evening comes and everything that I expect to happen...happens. She asked for it after bath and seemed fine when I reminded her. She played around chatting until Dylan fell fast asleep and then she started to cry. This lasted about 5 minutes and then she was fast asleep. Not so bad...right? Then it began.

Around 12am, Maryn woke up and had barfed all over herself. Rex gets her up and we put her in the shower. We were really thinking maybe she had just really upset herself and that was it. We let her snuggle with us for a while and I take her back to bed. As I am laying her down in her bed she starts to gag and puke again. Then, all of a sudden my quite sleeping little boy wakes up and barfs all over his bed. Needless to say we all end up in the living room on the sofas and Rex and I spend the evening catching barf. We finally get to sleep about 6am and luckily the kids slept until 10:30am. I can say with minimal certainty that I don't think Maryn will ever eat another chicken nugget. I can't say that I don't like the idea of this.

Here's the part I am so proud of. Through this night of hell, Maryn asked for her paci just once. Generally when she is sick, day or night, she will ask to have it. But only once. Today she has not mentioned it even once. I am so proud of her. Yeah Maryn!

Just so you all know, everyone was just fine this morning. Back to normal. Dylan greeted me running full steam down the hall and Maryn, in her usual after sickness state, has been clinging onto us like one of those monkey's with the velcro feet. Here's to hoping that we do not have to catch another bucket of barf for at least a couple months!

No comments: