Friday, July 07, 2006

Really missing Dylan this week!

Maryn has been sick this whole week. The doctor says she has a severe sinus infection. Every night she spikes really high fevers so we have had to keep her out of school. On Wednesday, Rex stayed home with her. On Thursday, I stayed home with her. And today she is home again with Daddy.

Although I am really sad that she doesn't feel well, it is like we have been on some strangely pleasant sick holiday.....and Dylan did not get invited. He has gone to school by himself everyday. Walking out the door with whomever was taking him to school, all smiles, saying his goodbyes to everyone. He was excited to go to school. He didn't know what he would be missing. But, I did.

Despite Maryn's sickness, we have met for lunch everday. She has gotten balloons. We painted fingernails. She got to go to work with Daddy and sat at a big desk drinking her coffee (oj in a coffee mug) and eating her muffin man (what she calls a muffin), doing big things like making a grocery list and counting her money. She has felt really special I am sure. And I really am happy that we have had some alone time with her. I also feel a little sad that Dylan, blissfully at school, is missing out on it all! We did get an extra balloon for him today at lunch though. It was a gesture he will never know because it popped on the way out the door. Maryn mourned Dylan's balloon only for an instant. I mourned the lack of his presence a little longer.

No comments: